Allan McNish’s amazing crash at the 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours (Video)
Allan McNish’s 2011 Le Mans 24 Hour effort ended up turning into a Le Mans 1 Hour effort, after he clipped another car during an aggressive overtaking attempt.
The Audi then skidded through the gravel pit into a barrier, disintegrating upon impact. McNish walked away from the wreck unharmed, as did one guy who had a tire chasing him. Somehow, none of the photographers or officials standing at the barrier were injured, though if they didn’t crap their pants, they are stronger men than I would have been.
First amazing Audi R18 Le Mans post-crash photos [Jalopnik]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Mike Rockenfeller crashes at 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours (Video)
- Carlos Pardo Killed In NASCAR Mexico Crash: Video
- Talledega Race Filled With Crashes, Including Carl Edwards Going Airborne Into A Fence: Video
- Formula 2 Driver Henry Surtees Killed In Freak Crash At Brands Hatch: Video
- Georgia Tech’s Rambling Wreck wrecked