Canadians refused to board Air Canada flight during Olympic gold medal game
We’ve all been there. You’re traveling somewhere & end up watching a game in an airport bar, only to find that it’s time to board and the game isn’t over yet.
Some Canadian travelers on an Air Canada flight from Vancouver unwisely booked their flights for during the gold medal match with the United States. I guess they didn’t think Canada would make it to the final.
As airline staff tried to get them on the plane, the fans refused to budge, staying to watch the game on TV instead.
“We incurred a flight delay for a reason Air Canada had not yet encountered in over 72 years of existence,” said chief executive Calin Rovinescu.
The airline indeed delayed the flight until Canada had won. This never would have happened in the United States, since the flight never would have been on time in the first place.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Video: Sledge Hockey Brawl Between USA & Canada
- Gold Cup Final Thread – United States vs. Mexico – And you thought last time was unfriendly
- 2007 Gold Cup Preview (That’s Soccer)
- Newest American Airlines In-Flight Entertainment: Drunken Hockey Player Exposing Himself
- Italy & Canada Brawl During Basketball Friendly