Rudy Gay’s non-buzzer beater (video)
At the end of the first quarter of tonight’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Rudy Gay of the Memphis Grizzlies launched a shot from past half court in an attempt to beat the buzzer.
Gay successfully got the shot off in time. So much time that there was still a full seven seconds left on the clock.
After the shot bricked off the backboard, the Lakers took the ball to the other end of the court, where Kobe Bryant naturally drained a 3 pointer at the buzzer.
Now we’ve all hit the wrong button in a basketball video game at some point. I myself am the king of launching full-court shots by accident in NBA Jam. But firing off a wild half-court shot with that much time left on the clock in real life? That takes some serious skill. The Grizzlies won though, so maybe it’s somehow the secret to winning.
Video: Rudy Gay’s internal clock malfunction [Ball Don’t Lie]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Chris Daniels Full-Court Buzzer Beater PGE Turow vs. AZS Koszalin Polish Basketball Playoffs: Video
- Two Great High School Buzzer Beaters: Video
- Video: Darius Miles Blows Breakaway Dunk
- There must be something wrong with the water in Phoenix. Excuse me, I’ll be right back
- LeBron James Shot At The Buzzer To Beat The Orlando Magic In Game 2 Of The 2009 Eastern Conference Finals: Video