Keith Ballard slashes teammate Tomas Vokoun: Video
Today’s Worst Person in the World: Keith Ballard of the Florida Panthers.
Following a goal by the Atlanta Thrashers’ Ilya Kovalchuk, Ballard angrily smashed his stick against his own net. Or at least, that’s what he tried to do. His own teammate, goalie Tomas Vokoun, was still in the crease and started to stand up just as Ballard swung his stick.
Ballard then smashed Vokoun in the head instead of hitting the net. The slash resulted in Vokoun being taken off the ice on a stretcher. While Ballard certainly feels bad, swinging a stick like that when a teammate is nearby is moronic.
According to the Miami Herald, it appears that Vokoun will be okay, aside from being shocked that his own teammate would hit him in the head like that.
Keith Ballard Slashes Tomas Vokoun [You Been Blinded]
Video: Vokoun’s ear sliced by angry Florida teammate’s stick [Puck Daddy]
UPDATE: Keith Ballard Hits Tomas Vokoun In Head: Goalie Leaves Ice on Stretcher, In Hospital; Should Return Home Tonight … Now, With Video [Miami Herald]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Hockey Player Hits Goalie Over The Head With His Stick After Goal: Video
- Was Tommy Haas Poisioned by the Russians?
- Video: Patrice Bergeron Suffers Vicious Hit by Randy Jones, Leaves the Ice on a Stretcher
- Rick Ankiel Runs Headfirst Into Outfield Wall: Video
- Florida Panthers Fan Flashes Her Breasts, Puts Em On The Glass: Video (NSFW)