Aussie Rules football match ends with axe and spear brawl
Fans of the Angurugu Crocs and the Angurugu Roos squared off after the referee awarded a free kick to one team, setting off a fight on the field. As the fight became larger, the match was called off. Then things escalated quickly. Some fans responded by running to their cars to get weapons, including axes and spears.
Initial reports said 500 people were involved in the brawl, but police clarified and said this was the attendance at the match. The police seized several weapons from spectators and are working to identify those involved.
It appears that nobody was seriously hurt, and those involved buried the hatchet and shook hands at a community meeting. The referee certainly learned his lesson and will never award anyone a free kick ever again.
Ref call sparks wild axe brawl [NT News]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Referee Sends Off Entire Team In Argentina After Riot: Barracas Bolivar vs. General Lamadrid: Video
- Brawl Between Rio Branco And Sao Mateus In Espirito Santo State Championship In Brazil: Video
- Video: Soccer Brawl Between Brazilian Teams Brasil and Ulbra After Goal Celebration Is Seen To Be Mocking Dead Player
- Kansas City Royals Fans Get Into Brawl At Kids Play Area At Kaufmann Stadium
- Video: Soccer Fan Riot in Uruguay Leads To Suspension Of Leagues