Popeye Jones gets a DUI, forgets to eat spinach before taking on police
Former NBA player and current Dallas Mavericks assistant coach Popeye Jones got nabbed for a DUI over the weekend, plus received a bonus beatdown by resisting arrest, according to the Richardson (Texas) Police Department.
Police noticed Popeye driving erratically at 9:30pm Sunday night. He failed a field sobriety test, then was arrested after refusing a breath test.
“When the officers went to place the handcuffs on Mr. Jones he did resist by moving his hand forward instead of behind his back. They were forced to take him to the ground to get better control of him and he did sustain some injuries to his face,” police spokesman Jonathan Wakefield said.
Somehow, despite suffering pop cheek and pop forehead when he fell, Jones did not suffer from Popeye. So at least he’s got that going for him.
Jones was charged with driving while intoxicated, but will not be charged with resisting arrest. Losing that battle with the ground will serve as punishment enough, as will having that mugshot posted all over the Internet.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Scott Olsen, come on down! You’re the next contestant on "Who wants to fight and get tasered by the Miami PD?"
- Joba Chamberlain DUI Arrest Video
- Matt Bush Gets Arrested, Cries Like A Little Girl: Video
- Olympic gymnast Paul Hamm charged with drunkenly assaulting cab driver (video)
- Vin Baker got a DUI? I’m SHOCKED!