New Zealand Olympic Committee Threatens To Sue Brothel-Owning Taekwondo Star
Now that the story had completely died down and Campbell was out of the spotlight, the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) has finally weighed in on the issue.
Not surprisingly, the NZOC isn’t happy and sent Campbell a letter threatening to sue him if he does not stop using the Olympic name to make money from his brothel.
From the NZOC:
“Based on the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, we would place your actions as totally inconsistent with these values,” TV3 network quoted an excerpt of the letter, signed by NZOC secretary-general Barry Maister, as saying.
“Your open solicitation of ‘clients’ for your ‘business’ while using the Olympic or Olympian connection must cease immediately, or the NZOC will be forced to consider taking legal action against you.”
If friendship is an Olympic value, then a brothel actually seems pretty consistent with that ideal. There’s nothing more friendly than that.
Threat to sue athlete for fund-raising brothel [Reuters]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- New Zealand Taekwondo Star Opens Brothel To Fund 2012 Olympics Effort
- Italian Soccer Club Signs Sponsorship Deal With Escort Service
- Video: Snooker Player Mark Selby Gets Papers Served By Former Manager During Tournament Match
- Rugby Fans Dress Up Statue In Wellington, New Zealand, Leave It Pantsless
- Sports Anchor Leaves Microphone On While Going To The Bathroom: Video