Tulane Coach Bob Toledo Throws Entire Team Out Of Practice
Toledo kicked the entire team out of practice yesterday after he became unhappy with their effort.
Linebacker and team captain David Kirksey said, “This has never happened. This is a Division I program. When a head coach does that, he’s saying something to the team and it’s not good. We just have to be ready, we have to come out tomorrow and show the coaches that they can depend on us as football players.”
While some might think this level of discipline will make players tougher, conditioning them to believe they can get out of practice by making less of an effort seems like it could backfire.
Stopping practice isn’t the only tough method of discipline that Bob Toledo has used. He has also forced the entire team to do push-ups for every mistake that is made. Tulane might not win many football games this year, but if they encounter any impromptu push-up contests, he’s making sure they’ll be ready.
Tulane football coach Bob Toledo throws team out of practice [NOLA]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Have You Poked Your Favorite Old Football Coach Today?
- High School Swimming Coach Fired After Repeatedly Making Offensive T-Shirts For Swim Team
- Minor league hockey coach goes nuts, throws sticks on the ice: Video
- Chinese Soccer Coach Kicks & Beats Up One Of His Players
- Chinese Olympic Womens Soccer Coach Fired Through E-Mail