West Ham Player Calum Davenport Stabbed
The stabbing appears to have stemmed from a family squabble involving his pregnant sister’s boyfriend.
Davenport allegedly criticized some of the people his sister was hanging out with. They returned later, stabbing both him and his mother. Calum was stabbed 5 or 6 times. Both are expected to survive, but the soccer player’s leg, and obviously his career are in jeopardy. He suffered severed wounds to an artery in his leg, losing half of his blood, and could lose his leg as well.
Two men have been accused of the crime, including Worrell Whitehurst, Calum Davenport’s sister Cara’s boyfriend.
A truly tragic story. A brother tries to protect his sister, with good reason it seems considering this attack took place at 5 in the morning after Whitehurst had allegedly been out drinking, and ends up seriously injured with his career in the balance as a result.
The saddest thing for Calum? His sister’s message to her boyfriend during his court appearance for charges of causing grievous bodily harm with intent today: “I love you.”
Knifed Premiership ace ‘may lose a leg’ [The Sun]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Former Jeri Ryan Stalker Arrested For Stalking Fellow Wrestlers
- Romanian Handball Player Stabbed To Death, 2 Other Players Hurt In Attack
- Hines Ward doesn’t care for texting while driving, but is totally cool with drunk driving (w/ mug shot photo)
- Los Angeles Angels Pitcher Nick Adenhart Killed In Car Accident
- Newest American Airlines In-Flight Entertainment: Drunken Hockey Player Exposing Himself