Tommie Hill Returns Last-Second Fumble To Give Giants Meaningless Preseason Win Over Panthers: Video
Panthers QB Hunter Cantwell had just led his team back with a tying touchdown to send the game to overtime, or so everyone thought. Carolina forced the Giants to go 3-and-out, giving them the ball deep in Giants territory with 10 seconds on the clock. The Panthers perhaps thought the Giants would be sleeping, so they tried one last play, forgetting that there might be a couple of defenders who might like to make a name for themselves.
Some guys named Leger Douzable and Tommie Hill did just that. Douzable caused Cantwell to fumble, then Hill caught the ball in midair and ran it back for the winning touchdown.
How little did this great play matter? We’re only a few hours after the game and ESPN doesn’t have a single mention of it on their top stories.
The ending is reminiscent of Miracle at the Meadowlands in 1978, when the Philadelphia Eagles’ Herm Edwards recovered a fumble by Joe Pisarcik and Larry Csonka of the Giants to give the Eagles an unexpected victory. It was the last thing that Herm ever did without colossally screwing up.
You play to win the game!
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Philadelphia Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurie Slaps His Wife During Win Over Dallas Cowboys
- Nationals Ball Girl Botches Fair Ball, Goes On YouTube: Video
- New York Giants Fans Attack And Smash Cars On Video After Loss To Philadelphia Eagles
- New York Giants Biggest Fan Considering Switching Allegiance To Philadelphia Eagles
- The Daily Show: Clash of the Cretins