Kevin Youkilis Gets Hit By Pitch, Charges At And Gets Taken Down By Rick Porcello: Video
Tonight’s game between the Boston Red Sox and Detroit Tigers got ugly early on after Kevin Youkilis took offense to a hit-by-pitch and immediately charged after Rick Porcello on the mound.
Porcello initially backed away from the crazed Youkilis, who threw his batting helmet at the pitcher, but once he realized he wasn’t going to be able to avoid a confrontation, Porcello dropped Youkilis to the ground. Both teams then cleared the benches, and both players were ejected. Youkilis will face a certain suspension, but Porcello was only acting in self-defense and should not be suspended, unless the teams had been warned not to hit anyone at that point and it is deemed intentional.
Kevin Youkilis is just lucky that he isn’t playing baseball in any other era. If he and his Red Sox teammates can’t take inside pitches and the occasional plunking, perhaps they should go take up golf.
RICK PORCELLO TAKES DOWN YOUKILIS [The World of Isaac]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Los Angeles Angels Fight Boston Red Sox After Josh Beckett Throws At Bobby Abreu: Video
- Beijing officials ban Kevin Youkilis, Mark Zupan from driving taxi cabs during Olympics
- Brawl in Turkey Between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce: Video
- Gary Sheffield puts on his tin foil hat
- Huge Rugby Brawl In Romania: Video