Ryan Dempster Breaks His Toe After Jumping Dugout Railing To Celebrate Win
Move over, Bill Gramatica, Ryan Dempster has just joined you on the list of athletes who have injured themselves while celebrating.
Dempster told the Chicago Tribune:
“Sunday after the game I was coming out of the dugout and stepping over the top of the railing there, I was sitting up on the ledge, and I caught my left foot on the rail as I was coming over and it just spun me around and slammed me into the ground. When I did it, I thought I just ripped my nail back on my foot. Unfortunately, the result wasn’t very funny. If you ask Derrek Lee, he thought it was pretty funny, because the first person I saw when I looked up was D-Lee, and he was laughing. I’m sure it looked hysterical from his angle.
“The unfortunate part was my foot, I guess just the way it hit- it came down straight into the ground. Came into the clubhouse and my toenail was ripped back and it was bleeding, and then I thought that was pretty much the end of it, thought I’d just tape it up.”
That sounds pleasant. At least Dempster managed to provide some momentary entertainment for Derrek Lee, but the rest of the Cubs probably aren’t laughing at their latest misfortune.
Injuries happen in sports, but the strange ones always seem to happen to the teams & players that have bad luck to begin with.
Dempster breaks toe celebrating win, could miss four weeks [Tribune Hard Ball]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Cat Runs Around At Wrigley Field During Chicago Cubs Game: Video
- Milton Bradley Forgets How Many Outs There Are, Tosses Ball Into The Stands: Video
- Micah Hoffpauir Grabs Carlos Zambrano’s Groin During A Spring Training Game : Video
- Cubs Fan Throws Beer On Shane Victorino, Security Ejects The Wrong Man: Video
- Carlos Zambrano Gets Ejected, Attacks Gatorade Cooler With Baseball Bat: Video