Japan’s Nominee For The Worst Goalkeeper Ever Contest: Video
Is this the worst goalie ever? He’s certainly up there.
Yokohama F. Marinos keeper Hiroki Iikura made this massive blunder against Gamba Osaka during a Japanese J-League match. After a shot deflected off of one of his defenders, Iikura lept into action to pursue the ball, just like a good goalkeeper should. What he did next though was definitely not in the manual.
Iikura flung the ball back on to the field of play, right in the path of one of the attackers, Hashimoto Hideo, who then put it into the back of the net.
Someone please tell this guy he’s not in the NBA. There’s no benefit to leaping along the out-of-bounds line to try and save a ball. There’s nothing wrong with surrendering a corner kick on a break like that, unless Hiroki Iikura is even worse at defending corners than he is at getting the ball out of play.
Top 9 Goals of the Week [101 Great Goals]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Mozambique Goalkeeper Faceplant Fail – Africa Cup of Nations 2010 (video)
- Goalie Stops Attack With Kung Fu Kick To The Chest: Video
- Hockey Player Hits Goalie Over The Head With His Stick After Goal: Video
- Japanese Soccer Team Scores Goal Due To Referee Falling Over
- Insane Goal From Japan By Kazumasa Uesato: Video