Crazy Manager Tirade – Randy Ingle Of The Rome Braves: Video
What is it with putting on a Braves uniform that makes a manager go crazy? Atlanta Braves skipper Bobby Cox has the all-time record for ejections. Mississippi Braves manager Phillip Wellman is well-known for his grenade-tossing tirade from a couple of years ago. Now you can add Rome Braves manager Randy Ingle to that list.
On Thursday, a bobble-headed Ingle was angry about a home run that was ruled foul in the 10th inning of a game against the Augusta GreenJackets. As he grew increasingly incensed, he tossed his helmet toward the dugout, finally prompting the ejection that everyone knew was coming.
Ingle headed down the disputed left field line toward third base, which he then picked up. So far, this was nothing baseball fans hadn’t seen before.
What Ingle did next though finally earns him high marks for creativity. He carried third base toward second base, dropping it near where the shortstop would be. With great gusto, the manager then made a foul ball signal, mocking the umpire for his call.
It wasn’t the most explosive managerial tirade we’ve seen, but it will do.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Mexican Soccer Coach Kicks Panamanian Player In The Balls During Gold Cup: Video
- George Brett Goes On Profanity-Laced Tirade At Charity Golf Tournament: Video
- Trey Hillman Had Better Get His Celebrating In Now
- Minor league hockey coach goes nuts, throws sticks on the ice: Video
- Providence Bruins Goalie Tuukka Rask Loses Shootout, His Mind: Video