Coach Fines Himself $10,000 After Drunken Night Out
Sydney Roosters coach Brad Fittler has had a tough time lately. His team is mired in last place in Australia’s National Rugby League. Rumors have swirled that he is about to be replaced. It’s only natural that he might seek solace at the bottom of a bottle.
Unfortunately for Fittler, upon returning to his hotel after a drunken night out, he got off the elevator on the wrong floor and tried to break into the room that he thought was his, freaking out the two women who were inside.
The two occupants called the police, saying a “creepy man” with a “hairy chest” was trying to get into the room. When the police arrived, they escorted Fittler back to his room.
Then it was time to apologize. “I take this opportunity to apologise for my behaviour on Thursday night,” Fittler said in a press conference. “I brought embarrassment to the club, myself and my family. I’d also like to take this opportunity to apologise to the occupants of the room concerned. As a result I’ve fined myself $10,000 and that donation will be going to a suitable charity.”
Let’s hope he gets the suite number correct when he mails the check.
Fittler fines himself $10,000 [Herald Sun]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Australian Race Fans Limited To Just One Case Of Beer Per Person Per Day
- Popeye Jones gets a DUI, forgets to eat spinach before taking on police
- Drunk Rugby Player Gets Suspended After Defecating In Hotel Hallway
- Russian diving coach also likes to give free breast stroke lessons
- Josh Hamilton Had Some Fun With Some Drunk ASU Girls At Maloney’s