Gym Teacher Chokes Kid During Dodgeball Game
The school’s substitute gym teacher Daniel Sanabria has been charged with third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child after he allegedly put a kid in a chokehold during a dodgeball game.
The kid argued that he wasn’t out, but Sanabria disagreed.
According to Detective Thomas Leak, “It appears the substitute gym teacher antagonized the whole situation. The kid was walking away, and the gym teacher started calling him things like ‘a big baby’ and ‘crybaby.’ ”
It was at this point that the kid turned back and threw a punch at Sanabria, who according to witnesses then put the child in a sleeper-style chokehold.
Following the choking, he was then taken to a hospital after complaining of neck and back pain. That will happen when a grown man treats a 10-year-old like he’s in the WWE. Needless to say, school officials have said that Sanabria will not be returning to the school, even though he claims he was acting in self-defense.
Sub charged with assaulting student, 10 [LoHud]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- High School Lacrosse Coach Charged With Selling Cocaine
- Cranky Neighbor Keeps Football, Bites Parent’s Lips
- Video: High School Basketball Fight In Alabama – Full Version With Commentary
- Never Try To Rob An Old Boxer
- Four Teens Charged With Sexually Assaulting Flag Football Teammate