Pigeon Killed By Flying Cricket Ball, Courtesy Of Jacques Rudolph: Video
This video has been making the rounds for the past few days and I never got around to posting it, but it’s so good that I couldn’t not put it up. So if you haven’t seen it by now, here you go, and if you have, watch it again.
During a Twenty20 cricket match between Yorkshire and Lancashire, the crowd suddenly erupted in the middle of play. The announcers were confused at first, but then realized why the everyone had shouted. A pigeon had just been killed in the middle of play.
A replay then showed the culprit. Cricketer Jacques Rudolph had made a perfect Randy Johnson-style throw, nailing the bird in mid-air.
And the pigeon is no more.
If you don’t get that reference, you need to watch more Monty Python. Start below:
And of course, the previously mentioned Randy Johnson bird incident (congratulations to Randy Johnson on getting career win #300 yesterday):
Speaking Of Randy Johnson’s Bird Lust…. [Deadspin]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Daily Rubbish: June 5th, 2009
- Move over Tour de France, it’s the Tour de Pigeon
- Soccer Game Stopped Due To Parrot Imitating Referee’s Whistle
- Atlanta Hawks Game Delayed By Actual Hawk: Video
- Golfer Ahn Shi-hyun Hits And Kills Robin With Tee Shot At LPGA Championship