Boxer’s Dad Attacks Referee During Match: Video
Every parent will naturally stick up for their kid, but there comes a point when a dad just has to let things go.
On Saturday night, European Union light welterweight champion Giuseppe Lauri (48-6, 6 KOs) took on Juho Tolppola (22-6-1, 9 KOs) in Helsinki, Finland.
During the 10th round, the referee broke up the two fighters, but Tolppola tried to get one last punch in, swinging for the back of Lauri’s head. Having already lost 2 points after a headbutt, this was not a good idea by Tolppola. The ref immediately waved his arms, signaling that he was stopping the fight.
Naturally, this did not go over well with the Finnish crowd, but especially not with Juho Tolppola’s dad. The man rushed at the referee, swinging at him a couple of times before being tackled/embraced with a knee to the chest by another official.
Despite losing the match, Juho must be glad that his father defended him. With Father’s Day just a couple of weeks away, he’ll be off to Hallmark to search for a “Greatest Dad Ever Who Attacked A Boxing Referee” mug.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Manly Sea Eagles Mascot Fights Fan Who Ran On The Field
- Soccer Team President Runs On Field To Confront Referees: Video
- Romanian Soccer Referee Pulls Gun On Fans: Video
- Rugby Referee Gets Knocked Out By Players: Video
- Romanian Soccer Referee Craps Himself During Match: Video