Evgeni Malkin Attacks Henrik Zetterberg At End Of Game 2 Of The 2009 Stanley Cup Finals: Video
With his team leading the game 3-1, about to take a 2-0 series lead, Zetterberg had zero interest in fighting Malkin and only started fighting back when it became clear that Malkin was hellbent on doing battle and the referees weren’t going to stop him.
Both players received fighting majors, while Malkin also received a penalty for instigating. This penalty is supposed to draw a one game suspension, but since the NHL doesn’t want this series to end in a sweep, he’ll get to play in Game 3 in Pittsburgh.
Note to the NHL: Just because random enforcement of the rules works for the NBA doesn’t mean it will work for your league as well.
No suspension for Malkin; Inside Detroit’s 2-0 lead on Penguins [Puck Daddy]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Video: Sidney Crosby First Career Fight, First Career Gordie Howe Hat Trick
- Video: Alexander Ovechkin & Evgeni Malkin In The Breakaway Challenge Of The NHL All-Star Game Skills Competition
- Daniel Carcillo “Fights” Matt Bradley: Video
- Comcast Reporter Lisa Hillary Sees A Rat While On Camera, Starts Screaming: Video
- Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings Brawl In Preparation For Game 7: Video