Fans of Brazilian Soccer Team Fluminense Invade Team’s Practice, One Punches Player: Video
Fluminense fans are not happy with their team’s play as of late. Following two home losses to fellow Brazilian sides Corinthians and Santos, fans decided they’d had enough and visited the team during practice. Supporters chanted and swore at players throughout the training session, claiming the players were not trying their best and were more worried about nightlife than their play.
Eventually, around 30 fans rushed the field, with one man throwing punches at midfielder Diguinho, who quickly ran back inside the locker room. Conflicting reports have come out about this invasion, as the fans claim that security guards fired warning shots into the air, but the club denies this, saying their employees have no guns.
Practice continued later on, but fans still continued to argue with club officials.
One employee, Marcelo Penha, said there would be extra security in the future and added:
We understand that Fluminense supporters are not satisfied with recent results but we will not accept, under any circumstances, the acts of vandalism that were carried out today. It’s unacceptable that the players are attacked by vandals, especially at their place of work.
And that concludes today’s reminder of why Brazilian soccer fans are crazy.
More videos of angry Fluminense fans voicing their displeasure at their team’s practice session can be found below:
Furious fans invade Fluminense training session [The Guardian]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Soccer Team President Runs On Field To Confront Referees: Video
- Corinthians Fans Set Fire To Bus Full Of Vasco da Gama Fans After Corinthians Fan Is Murdered: Video
- Egyptian soccer fans attack bus carrying Algerian team: Video
- Video: Soccer Brawl Between Brazilian Teams Brasil and Ulbra After Goal Celebration Is Seen To Be Mocking Dead Player
- Crazy Fan Runs Around The Field At Citizens Bank Park During Phillies/Braves Game: Video