Ryan Leaf Indicted On Drug & Burglary Charges In Texas
The sad life of former San Diego Chargers quarterback Ryan Leaf has gotten sadder. The bust has now been busted himself.
Leaf was indicted today on 9 felony counts by a grand jury in Randall County, Texas.
According to Canyon police Lt. Dale Davis, Leaf is suspected of breaking into an apartment on October 30th & stealing some Hydrocodone. Perhaps he was just trick-or-treating early and the person didn’t have any candy.
Leaf has yet to turn himself in to police. James Farren, Randall County criminal district attorney, said Leaf is in drug rehab in British Columbia.
The counts Ryan Leaf faces include:
- 7 counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud
- 1 count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance
- 1 count of burglary of a habitation
If convicted, Ryan Leaf could be going away for a long time. He could be put away for 2-20 years on the burglary charge, while each of the other charges could result in a two-year sentence in a state prison. Leaf might have a shot on the prison football team, but then again, there’s probably already someone in there who is a better quarterback than he is.
Report: Leaf indicted on felony charges [ESPN]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Video: Drunken Zamboni Driving Is A Great Way To End 2008
- High School Lacrosse Coach Charged With Selling Cocaine
- Tim Lincecum caught with pot after traffic stop in Washington
- UNC Tennis Star Chris Kearney Arrested For DWI, Hitting Pedestrians
- Soccer Player Bites Referee