Washington Nationals Can’t Get Tarp On The Field, Fans Have To Come Help: Video
The motto for the 2009 Washington Nationals is definitely “FAIL.”
The ineptitude of the Nats continued last night, as the grounds crew at Nationals Park was unable to get the tarp on the field during a rain delay against the Philadelphia Phillies.
The crew spent a good 5 minutes or so trying to move the tarp, but were unable to get enough air under it, and it stuck to the ground beneath the weight of the rain.
Cue some fans running down on the field, and eventually, after backtracking to start the tarp run all over again, everyone managed to cover up the infield. The 12 fans who remained at the game (and were not helping with the tarp) gave a loud ovation in between fits of laughter.
If fans of the Nationals turn out to be a necessity to the grounds crew, maybe some of them can help pitch as well.
Of course, all of this effort was for naught. The game never restarted, and the Phillies were declared 7-5 winners after 6 innings.
Natinals baseball: Catch the fever!
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Daily Rubbish: June 17, 2009
- Phillies fan runs on field, gets tased (video)
- Two Washington Nationals Fans Killed on Open Top Double Decker Bus On Way To Ballpark
- Now The Washington Nationals Can’t Get Player Names Spelled Correctly On Bats
- Washington Nationals Uniforms Say Washington Natinals