Fake Umpires At Rogers Centre During Game Between Yankees And Blue Jays: Video
Eagle-eyed viewers of last night’s game at the Rogers Centre between the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays noticed some interestingly dressed fans sitting behind home plate while Johnny Damon was at-bat.
A pair of guys had dressed up as fake umpires and were signaling calls at the same time as the real umpire.
Later on in the game, the YES announcers noticed the fake umpires as well and talked about them for a couple of minutes.
These guys should be applauded for their effort. Not only did they presumably shell out for the tickets, getting full umpire garb, including a mask, can’t be cheap.
In a world where we usually only see jackasses waving while talking on cellphones behind home plate, this was a welcome change.
And because this was the first thing that came to mind when this story came out, here’s “Fake Empire” by The National.
Fake Umps Call Balls & Strikes From Stands [Hugging Harold Reynolds]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Fox Shows The Wrong John Mayberry, Sr.: Video
- Carlos Zambrano Gets Ejected, Attacks Gatorade Cooler With Baseball Bat: Video
- The Game Can’t Continue If The Umpire Has A Wet Ball Sack: Video
- Jose Offerman punches umpire (video)
- High School Umpire Ejects Entire Crowd