Police Officer Sues Man Who Bit Him During Fight Outside Wrigley Field
Ponti then broke up the brawl, but one of the participants, Thomas DiMaggio, bit him on the leg. Who says Cubs fans are uncivilized?
Now, Michael Ponti is suing DiMaggio for damages due to his bite.
According to Ponti’s lawyer Joseph FitzSimmons, “The poor cop saw a fight, went to break it up and [DiMaggio] grabbed him, and literally started chewing on his thigh.”
The suit is for over $100,000 in order to recover “great medical expenses” as well as compensation for time off. DiMaggio did get charged with aggravated battery, but only received a community service sentence.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Former Arena Football Player Goes Nuts, Bites Finger Of Detention Officer
- Zamboni Falls Off Truck At Wrigley Field – NHL Winter Classic 2009
- Boxer brothers arrested after fighting each other
- Olympic gymnast Paul Hamm charged with drunkenly assaulting cab driver (video)
- Cat Runs Around At Wrigley Field During Chicago Cubs Game: Video