Romanian Soccer Referee Pulls Gun On Fans: Video
Here’s more proof that we all need to watch out for referees these days.
Yesterday we brought you the story of the Australian Rules Football referee who punched a fan.
Today’s story is about an assistant Romanian soccer referee who had enough of people questioning a goal call.
The incident occurred in a match between Popesti Stefan and Unirea Dragalina in Romania. The referee had made a controversial decision on a goal and fans were unhappy.
So his linesman did what any good assistant would do and pulled a gun out of his shorts, coolly waving it around as he walked away from the fans.
This apparently is an effective way of subduing an unruly crowd, but what’s a soccer referee doing with a gun in the first place?
On second thought, it’s soccer, and it’s Europe, so maybe it was a good idea to carry some protection.
Linesman pulls out a gun to protect himself from fans [The Spoiler]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Romanian Soccer Coach Beats Up One Of His Players: Video
- Romanian Soccer Referee Craps Himself During Match: Video
- Soccer Team President Runs On Field To Confront Referees: Video
- Polish Soccer Fans Go After The Wrong Howard Webb After Euro 2008 Penalty Call
- West Brom Goalie Dean Kiely Signals For The Linesman To Be Substituted: Video