Goalie Sergio Romero Punches Door, Breaks Hand: Video
When getting angry, the rule is not to punch or kick something with the body part that you make your living from. So no athlete should ever kick anything. If you’re a pitcher, you shouldn’t punch with your throwing hand. And if you’re a goalie, the one soccer player who can use his hands, you shouldn’t go around punching doors.
AZ Alkmaar’s Sergio Romero did not know that and broke his hand when he punched a door following his team’s loss to NAC Breda. He will be out for six weeks, which is pretty much the rest of the season.
AZ Alkmaar coach Louis van Gaal said, “That is his Argentine temperament. It wasn’t smart of Sergio to vent his frustrations like this.”
Perhaps not the most politically correct comment. Hopefully nobody told Sergio Romero about it so he wouldn’t punch something and break his other hand.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Fan Claims J.C. Romero Attacked Him After Juice Comment
- Sergio Garcia Hits Guy In The Head: Video
- Bolivian Soccer Player Attacks Opponent With Flying Kick To The Face: Video
- Video: Zach Randolph Punches Louis Amundson
- Jose Canseco Makes MMA Debut vs. Hong Man Choi, Fight Lasts 1:16: Video