Video: Ray Emery Attacks Russian KHL Team Massage Therapist
Ray Emery clearly does not want you to put a baseball cap on his head.
The massage therapist for his Russian KHL hockey team Atlant Mytishchi found that out the hard way after trying to put a hat on Emery on the bench.
From the reports, Emery had a rough game, so it’s understandable that he wouldn’t be in a good mood. Attacking one of your team’s athletic trainers might be a tad extreme though. But my knowledge of Russian hockey customs is limited, so maybe that’s a perfectly normal response when someone tries to cap you.
According to Emery’s agent, “From what I understand, Ray was upset about being pulled, he was hot and his head was sweaty. He told the trainer three times that he didn’t want the hat and then the guy gave him a tough guy stare. Ray then pushed him away.”
Emery actually has had a decent year, posting a 1.92 GAA and getting selected to the KHL All-Star Game.
Here’s another take from Total Pro Sports, where one commenter makes the point that the trainer may have said a racial slur toward Emery. That would make his reaction much more understandable, but it’s not clear in the video.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Bolivian Soccer Player Attacks Opponent With Flying Kick To The Face: Video
- Drunk Tennis Player Beats Up Groundsman For Running Lawnmower
- Never Heckle A Colombian Soccer Player
- Carlos Zambrano Gets Ejected, Attacks Gatorade Cooler With Baseball Bat: Video
- Fan Claims J.C. Romero Attacked Him After Juice Comment