More Racism From Spain – Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos In Blackface
Over the past year, Spain has become well-known for their lack of racial tolerance in the sporting world. First, F1 Champion Lewis Hamilton was greeted by fans in blackface during pre-season testing in Spain. Then, there was the incident where the Spanish basketball team posted for these photographs before the Olympics in China.
Now you can add Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos to that list after he wore blackface & a turban in a holiday parade. It was part of an Epiphany celebration called Los Reyes Magos de Camas, in which parades are held honoring the three wise men & children request gifts from the kings. Apparently, this celebration also involves putting on blackface.
Unless you’re Robert Downey, Jr., coloring your face black is not a good idea these days. Of course, Spanish athletes haven’t exactly been full of good ideas lately.
Real Madrid star upholds Spain’s commitment to racism [The Spoiler]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- United States Beats Spain 2-0 To Secure Place In 2009 Confederations Cup Final
- Video: Soccer Fans Pelt Goalkeeper With Snowballs – Atletico
- Running Of The Bulls Kicks Off In Pamplona: Video
- Lance Armstrong Crashes In Spain, Breaks Collarbone: Video
- Golfer hits hole-in-one, wins weight in the best ham on Earth (photo)