Video: Soccer Fan Riot in Uruguay Leads To Suspension Of Leagues
Soccer fans in Uruguay are completely without their favorite sport right now following a riot at a championship match over the weekend.
During a match between Danubio and Nacional, police were apparently so busy watching for violence outside the stadium that they neglected to keep an eye out for violence inside it. As a result, 100 fans fought each other with sticks and metal.
The brawl only lasted for a few minutes, and everyone survived, proving once more that Uruguay has a lot further to go before they can call themselves a world soccer power.
Soccer suspended in Uruguay because of fan riot [Yahoo!]
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Referee Sends Off Entire Team In Argentina After Riot: Barracas Bolivar vs. General Lamadrid: Video
- Romanian Soccer Fans Run On The Field, Riot: Video
- Brawl Between Rio Branco And Sao Mateus In Espirito Santo State Championship In Brazil: Video
- West Ham United and Columbus Crew Fans Riot During Friendly
- Note to Self: Don’t Use Ass to Stop the Ball While Playing Soccer in Peru