Chinese Olympic Womens Soccer Coach Fired Through E-Mail
Loisel said, “I had doubts when I received the e-mail, so I decided to go to China according to the schedule. But I knew the truth at the last moment that the e-mail had actually been sent by the CFA. So I think it would not make any difference if I went to China.”
Probably a good move there.
Everyone is lucky though that her e-mail actually made it through and didn’t get stuck in a spam filter. That would have been embarrassing if she had actually gone to China still thinking she had a job just because her pink slip got sandwiched between e-mails titled “You need to improve your little friend” and “Today small main organ is not a trouble.” (Thanks Gmail Spam)
Come to think of it, that last one sounds like it was written by someone whose first language is not English. I think I know what the Chinese soccer officials do with their e-mail accounts when not firing their coaches.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Have You Poked Your Favorite Old Football Coach Today?
- This Coach Should Leave The Soccer Playing To The Kids: Video
- Chinese Soccer Player Sentenced To Death For Murder
- Iranian soccer official loses job thanks to New Year’s e-mail to Israel
- China’s Hairiest Man Wants to Participate in Olympic Torch Relay