NFL Forces Super Bowl Mascot To Be Renamed
In a somewhat-confusing act, the National Football League is preventing the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee from naming the Super Bowl mascot “Spike the Super Ball,” as it is too similar to Super Bowl, which is apparently okay to have in the name of the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee, but not in the name of their mascot.
The mascot will now be known as Team Captain Spike. The host committee contemplated naming it “Scrotum Spike”, since the mascot does vaguely resemble that anatomical area, but feared it would overexcite Packers’ fans.
Spike’s switch: Super Bowl mascot gets new name (AZ Central)
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Go Daddy Super Bowl Ad Rejected by Fox Because it Used the Word "Beaver"
- Super Bowl Week Draws to a Close with Some Help From Ray Lewis & Hines Ward
- Arizona Diamondbacks Fire Mascot D. Baxter The Bobcat After DUI Arrest
- Former NFL Player Will Not Be Able to Host Childrens Charity Event at Strip Club
- Soccer Fan Humps German Mascot: Video