New York Mets Apologize to Their Fans By E-mail
Reactions to the historic collapse of the New York Mets have already been covered, but now we have an official semi-apology from the organization to their fans that was sent by e-mail (thanks Nick).
Dear Mets Fan:
All of us at the Mets are bitterly disappointed in failing to achieve our collective goal of building upon last year’s success. We did not meet our organization’s expectations — or yours. Everyone at Shea feels the same range of emotions as you — our loyal fans — and we know we have let you down. We wanted to thank you for your record-breaking support of our team this year.
Equally important, Ownership will continue its commitment in providing the resources necessary to field a championship team. Omar will be meeting with Ownership shortly to present his plan on addressing our shortcomings so that we can achieve our goal of winning championships in 2008 and beyond.
You deserve better results.
Many thanks again for your record-breaking support.
I suppose that’s a bit more eloquent than the original draft, which read: “We sucked, please don’t kill yourselves.”
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Male Fan Dons Bra To Support Manny Ramirez At Citi Field: Video
- ESPN Moves The New York Mets And Cincinnati Reds To Texas: Video
- Cat Runs Around On Field During New York Mets Citi Field Opener: Video
- Video: Stephen Colbert On The Mets Commemorative Citi Field Uniform Patch
- Luis Castillo Drops Fly Ball, Allowing the Yankees To Beat The Mets: Video