Fake David Beckham makes crank calls to L.A. County offices
L.A. County officials knew something wasn’t quite right when they started getting phone calls from someone claiming to be David Beckham.
The caller spoke about potential charity work and also name-dropped celebrity friends. “David Beckham” mentioned the possibliity of underprivileged kids attending LA Galaxy practices. The workers were excited at first, but as they were avid fans of Beckham, they wanted to ensure that it was him so they grilled the caller. Their suspicions were right, and the caller was exposed as a fake.
Department of Children and Family Services spokeswoman Louise Grasmehr said, “It just smacked of bogusity.”
I’m pretty sure that isn’t a word, but good job by the officials for not falling for it.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Video: MLS – LA Galaxy vs. NY Red Bulls – Beckham Shines, but Other Guys You Haven’t Heard of Shine More
- David Beckham Gets a Posh Naked Lady Tattoo
- Newest American Airlines In-Flight Entertainment: Drunken Hockey Player Exposing Himself
- Daily Rubbish: March 26, 2009
- Man Attacks Special Olympics Torch Relay