Pittsburgh reporter in hot water after saying Michael Vick would have been “better off raping a woman”
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporter Paul Zeise is backtracking in an effort to save his ass, after making some moronic comments on the Sports Showdown show on KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh on Sunday.
During a panel discussion, Zeise said “It’s really a sad day in this country when somehow … Michael Vick would have been better off raping a woman if you look at the outcry of what happened. Had he done that, he probably would have been suspended for four games and he’d be back on the field. But because this has become a political issue, all of a sudden the commissioner has lost his stomach for it.”
Needless to say, the TV station will not be inviting Zeise back on the program. His newspaper also issued a statement saying Zeise’s “insensitive and offensive” remarks “do not represent the view of the Post-Gazette.”
Zeise himself apologized, saying “I regret the poor choice of analogies I used to characterize a professional athlete’s legal situation.”
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Pittsburgh man sent to jail for 3 months for impersonating Steelers tight end Jerame Tuman
- Gym Teacher Chokes Kid During Dodgeball Game
- What’s the Capital of Thailand?
- Old Woman Sues Family After Football Lands In Her Yard
- Miami Dolphins lineman Frederick Evans is going to have a tough time getting taxis from now on