Scott Olsen, come on down! You’re the next contestant on "Who wants to fight and get tasered by the Miami PD?"
Miami-based athletes are not content to let Phoenix have this year’s crown for “most police incidents by professional athletes”.
This morning, it was Florida Marlins pitcher Scott Olsen’s turn.
Olsen was pulled over by the Miami-Dade Police Department for speeding. Or at least they tried to. According to police reports, he refused to stop, instead driving home to his apartment.
When he reached his destination, a female police officer followed him into the complex. According to a police spokesman, ‘”She could tell he was under the influence. He got close enough to where she could smell alcohol.”
Olsen then was subdued to the ground by police officers, and the police report that he was “trying to kick the officers to get them off him”. It was at this point that he was tasered in the leg.
He has been charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest with violence and fleeing and eluding a police officer.
Dontrelle Willis was apparently following Olsen home and was not involved in the incident. He cooperated with the police, and wisely decided not to urinate anywhere.
Source: (Miami Herald)
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Miami Dolphins lineman Frederick Evans is going to have a tough time getting taxis from now on
- Olympic gymnast Paul Hamm charged with drunkenly assaulting cab driver (video)
- Popeye Jones gets a DUI, forgets to eat spinach before taking on police
- Houston Texans Ryan Moats Misses Being At His Dying Mother-In-Law’s Side Due To Overzealous Cop
- Arizona Diamondbacks Fire Mascot D. Baxter The Bobcat After DUI Arrest