Democracy Spreads to China, One Pole Dancing Competition at a Time
I’m not entirely sure if a pole dancing competition is a sport, but I’m going to declare it so. If anyone wants to argue it, you can go watch wrestling or something.
The competition was promoted by Luo Lan, who runs the Lolan Pole Dancing Club.
According to Mr. or Ms. Lan (help anyone?), pole dancing has “nothing to do with sex” and it is a “healthy and positive” way of getting exercise and improving self-image. The theme of the contest was “fitness and fashion”, and it was supported by the Asian Bodybuilding Federation.
If this is the reason why Yi Jianlian doesn’t want to go to Milwaukee, I am pretty sure there is pole dancing there. Sure, the girls have been brought up on a diet of cheese, beer and bratwurst, but there’s just more to love.
Source: (Weird Asia News)
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Video: Mascot Shoots Basketball Off Of Bango, The Milwaukee Bucks Mascot’s Groin
- Goalie Stops Attack With Kung Fu Kick To The Chest: Video
- Daily Rubbish: Mickey Mantle Was a Character
- Chinese Speed Skater Gives Fans The Middle Finger
- The 2008 Summer Olympics Are Sure to Put a Smile on Your Face… If You Are in Medal Presenting School