Man Goes on Long Distance Swim at North Pole. Yes, That North Pole That Is Supposed To Be Covered In Ice
British explorer Lewis Gordon Pugh swam for 18 minutes in 29 degree temperatures at the North Pole on Sunday. He did so in an effort to demonstrate the effects of climate change.
“I am obviously ecstatic to have succeeded but this swim is a triumph and a tragedy,” the 37-year-old British lawyer said after coming out of the water.
“A triumph that I could swim in such ferocious conditions, but a tragedy that it’s possible to swim at the North Pole.”
Pugh hopes that his swim will make world leaders pay attention to the issue of climate change, but he will settle for having his balls return to their normal size within the next year.
Source: (CBS News)
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Norwegian Ski Resort Ad Features Real-Time Snowstorm: Video
- Tornado hits Atlanta, Georgia Dome during SEC Tournament
- Australian emergency crews make special beer run so flooded town is well-stocked to watch rugby match
- Dallas Cowboys Practice Facility Collapse: Video
- Lightning Strike Injures 26 Soccer Players In Germany, Temporarily Killing One