GM to edit robot Super Bowl ad due to insensitivity to suicidal robots
I’m not surprised about this one, and I have to say, it’s really something they should have thought of when they created it. The ad shows a car-making robot who jumps off a bridge after being fired from work.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention received several complaints that they then contacted GM about.
I wonder how many former GM employees committed suicide after losing their jobs to robots, or due to the fact that nobody wants to buy GM cars and plants have shut down. That’s what I was surprised about when I saw the ad – the lack of sensitivity that they showed to their former workers, never mind suicide in general.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- Robotic Lawn Mower Presents A New Danger On The Golf Course
- Go Daddy Super Bowl Ad Rejected by Fox Because it Used the Word "Beaver"
- Will F1 Some Day Use Remote Controls Instead Of Drivers?
- Peyton Manning inches closer to television monopoly by hosting SNL
- Is Versus Trying To Trick People Into Watching IndyCar By Calling It Formula One?